Friday, November 14, 2008

PAY IT FORWARD...........

Well, I participated in my first Habitat for Humanity house here in Clinton. Parkway was part of the group and felt like I could at least do something even if it was picking up "trash" building supplies. I showed up at 8:00 and proceeded to embark on painting and varnishing. By the end of the day I looked like someone that had just climbed out of a dumpster. Paint all over me, varnish sticking my fingers together and my hair kinked up like an afro (it was humid yesterday). And the the final blow, or blows, I should say is that channel 12 showed up to get video footage AND Tim Nichols from the Clinton News came around with his camera, took pictures and talked to everyone. I really tried to pretend I didn't see him but it didn't work. The best part of that day yesterday was I loved every minute of it. My life has been such a series of blessings, even the rough times, that it was the least I could do to show the Lord my thankfulness here at Thanksgiving. No better way to show what you are thankful for than to pay it forward.
GOD Bless!!!
Lisa :)

No comments: